Turning our Flat into a Home

Much needed caffeine break
Most people are completely shocked to find out I haven't done any shopping since I've been in London, but there are a few very logical reasons for this. For one, the storage in our flat is pretty limited (apparently the Brits aren't big on closets...ew) and two, I've been spending more time looking for ways to make our flat more "homey". Shopping for housewares? Me? Yes. Me. My studio in Chicago was decorated with Nordstrom bags thrown all over the floor, and the only furniture I had was a container store Elfa system to organize my clothes and a bed. It was like this for months before I finally bought a couch and a TV because it got too cold for me to be out shopping every weekend. Now I move to London and become obsessed with making our flat a home. Who knew?

Anyway, it was a little chilly in London, so I pulled out boots for the day. I kept it casual with a cashmere sweater over some leggings with my leather jacket and infinity scarf. I wanted to be hands free for my eventful day, so I rocked one of my favorite underused cross body bags.

Vince Leggings, DKYNY sweater, Michael Kors leather jacket, Dolce Vita boots, Badgley Mischka bag

No comments:

Post a Comment