How to Rock a Bold Matte Lip

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl
Mac lip liner in Cherry 
Mac Matte Lipstick in Quick Sizzle

Mac Matte Lipstick in Quick Sizzle
I started venturing into bold lip colors like 3 years ago, and now I rarely wear neutrals. You have to have a certain confidence to rock a bold lip because people will see your lips before they see you. I typically go for a matte color because I love the way it pops. The thing about matte lips though is that if you don't properly moisturize, your color will look dry and start to flake. Hot mess.

To rock a bold, matte lip you need to start by making sure you lips are moisturized. Start with a lip scrub to remove any dead skin. I use a lip scrub by Bliss, but you can make your own sugar scrub using olive oil, sugar and salt if you're a DIY kind of girl. I then moisturize my lips with vaseline or lip balm. Before applying the color use a piece of 1-ply toilet paper (tear apart a 2 ply piece) to blot your lips. This will take off the excess layer of moisture without drying out your lips. I start with a lip liner. I line and fill my lips and then follow with my lip color. You can then blot your lips with a little translucent powder to set it. The translucent powder keeps your lipstick on longer. Apply another layer of color and you're good to go!

One last tip...stay hydrated all day long! Dehydration will cause your lips to dry and your color to flake. Gross.

DIY Lip Scrub:

1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of honey
1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of vaseline

Mix the honey and sugar.
Add vaseline and olive oil and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment