Tall Girls Love Their Heels Too

I ventured out to the Westfield shopping center in Shepherd's Bush for lunch with a fellow American and some window shopping. Yes, window shopping. I wasn't particularly moved enough by anything to make any fun purchases. I pulled out this dress from Whistles for my day out and about. I added my go to neon belt to bring my waist in and add a pop of color. I typically wear my Pegasus necklace against plain tops, but I thought it would be fun to add it to a printed dress for a different look.




Whistles dress
H&M belt
Jeffery Campbell platforms
Stella & Dot Pegasus necklace
While I walking about this guy decided to get all into my life and ask why I would wear heels when I'm already so tall. Being the nice person that I am, I asked him why he didn't wear them too since he's so short. I think the argument against taller women wearing heels is interesting. Most women wear heels because they're uber feminine, improve your posture, elongate your legs, etc etc. Why would a taller woman not want to take advantage of those benefits? I know that some tall women are insecure about their height and prefer not to wear heels. That's fine. You should wear what makes you feel comfortable. I feel comfortable wearing high heels. The higher heels, the closer God. High heels, high hopes. All of that. There's nothing more irritating then someone projecting their insecurities on you.

When I was living in Chicago, my little boss made several comments about my height. He even went as far as to ask me not to wear heels when we went on meetings together. Despite him being 2x my age, he was concerned that people would think that I was the manager. I was new on the job, and still trying to decide if my boss was a jackass or not, so I went along with it and wore flats when we went on meetings together. In the back of my mind I always wondered how many people had this same way of thinking. Celebrity stylist June Ambrose whom I adore even tweeted once that taller girls should stick to lower heels. I was really disappointed to hear that since she's such an advocate for personal style. Why should taller women stick to lower heels? To make shorter people feel better? If that's the case, then should short women wear really high heels? I think everyone should wear what they feel comfortable in (within reason of course) and everyone else should keep their opinions to themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment