A Monochrome Midi



I am one lucky girl. As much as my hunny works, he always finds the time to make Valentine's day special for us. After Thursday night's amazing dinner, we continued our celebration into Friday night when we went to see Les Miserables. I never got to see the play, so I was pleased to see it before heading to the movies to catch the film debut. I studied French in school and remember the story pretty well. It was nice to see it played out on stage.


For our second date night out, I opted for a monochrome midi skirt. What can I say? When I get into something, I get INTO it. I blogged about the monochrome trend for spring a couple weeks ago, and decided to go ahead and jump into it. No need to wait officially for spring.  I absolutely adore this skirt. The diamond black and ecru print is a nice alternative to black, and it makes a really bold statement. There isn't much you need to do to style this perfectly. The skirt really says it all.


People don't dress up for the theater like they used to, but that's not going to stop me from keeping it chic. I paired this bold skirt with a simple layering tee from COS, black pumps and silver jewelry for a little glam factor.  The thing about the mid skirt is that the wrong fit can make you look like a dowdy mess, so I went with a bodycon option and pointed toe courts to elongate my legs.


 These Christian Louboutin's are much nicer to my feet, so no need for flats in my purse that night!


I had to add a little sparkle for my date, so I broke out these Nadri bangles I've had for a few years. They worked really well with my Stella & Dot necklace and ring adding just enough sparkle to complete my look. Naturally my big lips clutch added a pop of color to bring everything together. Adore that thing.


Outfit::

Top: COS
Skirt: Asos
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Clutch: Charlotte Olympia
Jewelry: Stella & Dot necklace and ring, Nadri bangles

Stay fab! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment