Feeling Blue


Who knew blue eye shadow would ever make a come back? I certainly didn't, but I'm glad it did. I absolutely LOVE the rich blues I've been seeing lately.


I am not a fan of Nene Leakes by any means, but whoever has been doing her makeup lately does a wonderful job. While I was back in the states, I saw an episode of Real Housewives of Atlanta, and Nene Leakes was wearing a makeup look I had to try. It's taken me a few times to get it right, but I think this was my best attempt.


 I actually used 3 different blues to get this really deep color. I started with a navy eye crayon by Nars as a base. I then packed on a bright pale blue color from the Nars Rated R shadow duo, followed by a cobalt blue from the Urban Decay vice palette. I opted to keep the shadow on my lid only because all that blue could go from chic to drag queen really quickly. Liquid liner, false eyelashes, and a little blush put most of the finishing touches on my look. I typically choose my lipstick first since I love bold lip colors, but in my quest to try something new I've been thinking eyes first these days. I chose this pale pink color because it had quite a bit of pigment without competing with my already dramatic eye. Again, I'm not trying to do the drag queen thing with way too many colors.


I'm wearing a lipstick I bought at Superdrug here. It's a creamy pink by Sleek Makeup. I don't typically go for drug store makeup, but I figure there's no time like the present to start branching out. I actually bought a few things, so I'll be reviewing those products soon!

I love this look, and I got loads of compliments on it. I love this for a nice evening out on the town and can't wait to do it again! What do you think? Would you rock it?

Products::
Nars soft touch shadow pencil in Dark Rite
Nars Rated R eyeshadow duo (blue side)
Urban Decay Vice Palette (Chaos)
Mac liquid liner
Nars Dolce Vita blush
Mac Cherry lip liner
Sleek lipstick in Liqueur 

Stay fab! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment